9 Email Marketing Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs

If you’re looking to see better email marketing results, make sure you’re not making these mistakes.

When it comes to developing and running email campaigns, there are a lot of elements that marketers need to keep in mind if they want to see a good return on investment.

You could have the perfect email formula and all the right tools available to you but mistakes can still happen. It helps to be aware of some of the most common email marketing mistakes so that you can consciously avoid them as you develop your strategy and campaigns going forward.

Email marketing mistakes you need to avoid in 2017

Mistake 1: Sending from a no-reply or dontreply email address

Receiving an email from a noreply or dontreply email address makes it seem like the brand or company is closed off and doesn’t really want to communicate with its customers. Overall, it’s simply unwelcoming. You might find that changing something as simple as the email address that you’re sending from will automatically boost your open rates. Use an email that your recipients can respond to, it does make a difference.

Mistake 2: Not sending to an opt-in list

Sending unsolicited emails can cause a lot of damage to your business and how your customers, new and existing, perceive your brand. You should only ever be sending emails to recipients who have explicitly given you permission to do so. If you aren’t already using a double opt-in process, now’s the time to implement one.

Mistake 3: Failing to optimize for mobile

Mobile is the future. Brands a can no longer afford to get around to optimizing their emails for mobile at a later stage. Now is the time to make sure that your recipients can access your emails on any device they happen to be browsing on. According to MarketingSherpa, email is the preferred way for consumers of all ages to communicate with companies, and if a consumer chooses to read your email on a mobile device, they shouldn’t have any trouble doing so.

Mistake 4: Forgetting to test

With so many brands vying for your target audience’s attention, you need to make sure that the campaigns you’re sending out are as perfect as possible. Before you hit send, test your emails on multiple devices to ensure that the template, copy, links and images are showing up correctly.

Mistake 5: Sending email blasts to your entire list

When a recipient looks at an email in their inbox, they immediately try and identify how opening the email is going to benefit them. Consumers are no longer willing to settle for generic content; it needs to be highly relevant to them. If it isn’t already, email list segmentation needs to become a crucial part of your email campaign process. Learn as much as you can about your audience and make your campaigns as relevant as possible to each of them.

Mistake 6: Relying on images to market your brand

While images are an important part of successful email campaigns, sending emails that are purely image-based are not going to get you the results you’re hoping for. According to MarketingSherpa, only 33% of email subscribers have images turned on by default. This means that there’s a good chance that a whopping 67% of your recipients won’t immediately be able to see your email content.

Mistake 7: Not linking up your subject line and preheader text

Your subject line and your preheader text are your opening lines so it’s essential for this text to be great. Your subject line needs to be clear, concise and creative and your preheader text needs to follow on from your subject line to encourage opens.

Mistake 8: Forgetting to include a call-to-action

This might sound obvious but so many brands are still forgetting to include a call-to-action in their emails. If you already are including a CTA in your mailers, make sure that it’s prominent and test whether moving it higher up in your email improves your click-through rates.

Mistake 9: Thinking email hygiene doesn’t matter

A clean email list makes a huge difference to your email campaign results. It also protects your IP and online reputation. Email verification is essential for your list on a regular basis to remove any spam traps or non-existent or invalid email addresses.

Retro jordans for sale jordans for sale jordan retros jordans for women Cheap nike foamposite Cheap jordan 7 jordan retro 7 for sale jordan 10 for sale kd 8 shoes jordans for sale Cheap nike lebron 13 Cheap jordan retro 13